New Player Signup Bonuses

operator logo
FanDuel
Bet $5 Get $200 in Bet Reset Tokens for 5 Days
operator logo
DraftKings
Spend $5, Get $150 In Bonus Bets
operator logo
Polymarket
Use code NXTBETSPRO to Deposit $10, Get a $20 Trading Bonus
operator logo
BetMGM
GET UP TO $1,500 PAID BACK IN BONUS BETS
operator logo
Draftkings DFS
Get 3 Tickets to Play Free for Your Shot at a Share of Millions in Prizes!
operator logo
Fanatics
Bet $20 Get $200 Instantly

Breaking news directly to your inbox

Sign up free. Cancel anytime.

Cadillac Says No Sale Planned Amid Walter Scrutiny

NXTbets Pro | Published On: August 20, 2026

Cadillac sale rumors

Cadillac says it has no plans to sell its Formula 1 team, and TWG Global says it is not considering a sale of the Cadillac team or any other part of TWG Motorsport. The message came as speculation swirled around Mark Walter, whose ownership ties run through TWG Global and TWG Motorsports. General Motors motorsports communications executive Adrian Atkinson read the TWG Global statement at the Dutch Grand Prix, where the team moved to put the rumor cycle to rest. He said CEO Dan Towriss was in Washington, D.C., for an IndyCar race. The company’s public stance was direct. Cadillac is staying in place and TWG Global is keeping control of its motorsports holdings.

The chatter around Cadillac grew after Walter’s $12.5 billion sale of the Los Angeles Lakers and reports that he may sell part of his Chelsea stake. Walter owns TWG Motorsports, the majority stakeholder in Cadillac Formula 1, so any shift in his broader portfolio has invited questions about the racing operation. Cadillac and TWG Global answered those questions by rejecting the idea of a sale. The team’s position is clear, even as outside attention keeps returning to Walter’s businesses. The rumors have centered on ownership and financing, but the response from the Cadillac side has focused on continuity. The team says its structure is intact and its motorsports program remains under the TWG umbrella.

Walter scrutiny deepens

Walter is also facing inquiries from the U.S. Department of Justice and the Securities and Exchange Commission over how investments and loans were classified across his affiliated financial entities. TWG Global says it is cooperating with the inquiries. U.S. prosecutors have been reviewing Walter’s financial empire, including Guggenheim-linked assets and insurers tied to TWG Global. Several businesses connected to Walter have received subpoenas. Walter and the companies involved have not been accused of crimes, and no formal charges have been filed.

The inquiries have added another layer to the ownership questions around Cadillac Formula 1. Walter serves as chief executive of Guggenheim Partners and co-chairman of TWG Global, which places him at the center of the corporate structure behind the team. That connection has made his financial affairs part of the public discussion around Cadillac, even though the team itself is not part of the inquiry. The federal reviews have drawn attention because they reach across multiple affiliated entities, but the available facts stop at scrutiny, cooperation and subpoenas. The team has not changed course, and the companies tied to Walter have not faced criminal accusations.

Cadillac focus stays on F1

Cadillac says it remains focused on building its Formula 1 operation, and Marcin Budkowski backed that up by saying there had been no discussion of a sale before he signed with the team. He pointed to the team’s new factory and planned personnel announcements as signs of the commitment and investment behind the project. That is the message Cadillac wants on the record. The team is building, hiring and preparing for its next steps, not laying groundwork for a sale. Budkowski’s comments fit the broader response from TWG Global and General Motors, which have both worked to shut down the speculation.

The team’s ownership questions have come from outside the garage, but the on-track and organizational priorities remain unchanged. Walter’s place in TWG Motorsports makes him a central figure in the discussion, and his broader business moves have kept the spotlight on Cadillac Formula 1. Still, the facts laid out by the team point in one direction. Cadillac is committed to the program, the factory project is moving ahead and personnel planning remains part of that push. The public statements from TWG Global, Atkinson and Budkowski all reinforce the same message. Cadillac’s Formula 1 project is staying the course.