
Alain Prost hurt in armed home robbery at Nyon villa
Alain Prost is a four-time Formula 1 world champion and is 71 years old.
Alain Prost suffered minor head injuries during an armed burglary at his villa/family home in Nyon in the canton of Vaud, Switzerland, early Tuesday morning.
The intruders were masked (reported wearing balaclavas) and armed, entered while occupants were present, and threatened family members.
A family member, reportedly Prost’s son, was forced to open a safe during the burglary.
The robbers fled with stolen goods; police said they were compiling a precise inventory of items taken.
Vaud Cantonal Police launched a large-scale search/manhunt and the Public Prosecutor’s Office opened a criminal investigation.
Investigating units deployed included the canine brigade, Nyon-Region Police, security and forensic police, an ESU psychological support team, the Federal Office for Customs and Border Security, and the French Gendarmerie.
Swiss authorities notified French law enforcement amid concerns the suspects may have crossed the nearby border.
Authorities said investigations were continuing to identify and arrest the perpetrators; no arrests had been announced as of the reports.
Authorities described the assailants as armed and masked and said they were treating the incident as a serious burglary and assault.
Swiss tabloid Blick reported Prost was visibly shaken and had left his lakeside residence by Lake Geneva.
Prost has since left Switzerland and returned to Dubai.
The value or contents taken from the safe have not been confirmed.
The incident was reported against a backdrop of a rising wave of home invasions in the Lake Geneva region; F1i reported 18 similar incidents recorded in Geneva in 2025.
Two former Formula 1 drivers were injured in separate criminal incidents this week; MotorsportWeek and other reports noted that former Ferrari driver Mika Salo was stabbed in Bangkok and received a total of 28 stitches (included here as supporting context).