NXTbets Inc

  • BYD holds Cannes talks with Christian Horner on F1 entry

    BYD holds Cannes talks with Christian Horner on F1 entry

    Chinese electric-vehicle giant BYD explored entering Formula 1 and held direct talks with Christian Horner across two days in Cannes, with Horner attending as BYD’s guest. Horner was ousted as Red Bull team principal in July 2025 and ended his gardening leave earlier this month, making him eligible to return to the sport. BYD vice-president Stella Li also met Horner as part of exploratory discussions. Neither BYD nor Horner confirmed any formal partnership or appointment.

    Reports described two possible routes for BYD, either creating an entirely new constructor or acquiring a stake in an existing team. BYD was linked to a bidding process for the 24 percent stake in Alpine marketed by minority owner Otro Capital, and some media named Horner among reported bidders. Other reports said BYD was leaning toward building a new team and would prefer majority control rather than a minority stake. Negotiations over Alpine’s ownership involved the Renault Group and attracted wider industry interest, with media noting Mercedes and other parties as potential players. Horner had previously been linked to a separate set of talks around an Alpine stake that involved Mercedes, and those talks appeared distinct from the BYD-related discussions.

    BYD showed interest in Renault’s former Viry-Chatillon factory as a possible base for an F1 operation, and Stella Li said she was in close contact with F1 Management and F1 CEO Stefano Domenicali. FIA president Mohammed Ben Sulayem expressed optimism about a BYD bid and publicly signaled support for a Chinese manufacturer joining the sport. The push came amid broader manufacturer interest driven by the 2026 technical overhaul, with Audi, Ford and Cadillac already linked to F1. BYD, through its FinDreams division, was described in reports as a major EV and battery manufacturer and the world’s leading electric car maker with an estimated $125 billion net worth. No formal agreement, confirmed entry route or appointment had been announced.

    More
  • Lando Norris to Test Formula E Car but Rules Out Full Switch

    Lando Norris to Test Formula E Car but Rules Out Full Switch

    Lando Norris, the reigning F1 world champion, said he plans to test a Formula E car but called it a public tease rather than a commitment to a Formula E program. He told reporters he would like to “do a bit of driving” and said he had discussed the idea with Andretti’s Jake Dennis and other Formula E competitors. Norris praised Formula E’s drivers and format as “top”, calling the racing tight, chaotic, carnage-filled and unpredictable, and cautioned that not everything from F1 translates directly to Formula E while saying there are lessons to learn from top Formula E drivers.

    He attended the Monaco E-Prix as a guest of Jake Dennis, spending time in the pit lane, paddock and on the grid, where he spoke to reporters alongside David Coulthard and Karun Chandhok. Norris inspected Formula E’s new GEN4 car and met Formula E CEO Jeff Dodds. The GEN4 car is slated to debut next season. Dennis finished outside the points in Monaco while Andretti teammate Felipe Drugovich claimed a podium.

    Norris’s appearance provided high-profile exposure for Formula E and drew visits from other F1 figures including Carlos Sainz, Gabriel Bortoleto and Christian Horner. He sits fourth in the F1 championship with 51 points and is scheduled to return at the Canadian Grand Prix on May 22-24.

    More
  • Herring vs. Larrimore Set for Vacant BKFC Bantamweight Title

    Herring vs. Larrimore Set for Vacant BKFC Bantamweight Title

    Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship announced on May 18, 2025 that former boxing world champion Jamel “Semper Fi” Herring was set to face Michael “Papa G” Larrimore for the vacant BKFC bantamweight title (135 pounds). The bout was slotted as the main event of BKFC-89 on May 22, 2025 at Acrisure Arena in Palm Desert, California after Nick Maness was ruled out with an injury.

    Herring entered the card with a 24-5 professional boxing record and a 1-0 BKFC mark following a unanimous decision over Matt Guymon, and the promotion noted a Herring victory would have made him, alongside Austin Trout, one of two fighters to hold world titles in both bare-knuckle and professional boxing. Larrimore was listed 3-1 in BKFC competition with three first-round knockouts and a lone loss to former champion Keith Richardson.

    BKFC-89 was scheduled to air live worldwide on DAZN, with the main card set for 10:00 p.m. ET / 7:00 p.m. PT and prelims to stream on the BKFC app at 9:00 p.m. ET / 6:00 p.m. PT. An open ceremonial weigh-in was scheduled for May 21, 2025 in Indio, California. The announced undercard included No. 3 JoMi “The Archangel” Escoboza versus No. 4 Cody “The Knuckle Maniac” Vidal, a light-heavyweight matchup with rankings implications for champion Lorenzo “The Juggernaut” Hunt, and a featured heavyweight bout between Levi “Pitbull” Costa and Chase Gormley. Organizers noted neither man had reached a fourth round across a combined five BKFC trips. The card also listed debuting and fan-favorite fighters Daniel “Machete” Alvarez, David “El Perro Necio” Diaz, Jared “Lenny” Lennon and Evgenii “The Sailor” Kurdanov, and organizers cautioned the lineup remained subject to change.

    More
  • Mercedes Scrambles to Curb Kimi Antonelli's Title Momentum

    Mercedes Scrambles to Curb Kimi Antonelli’s Title Momentum

    Kimi Antonelli’s sudden elevation into a genuine Formula 1 title contender has created an urgent management task for Mercedes, his family and the wider paddock. The 19-year-old converted his first three pole positions into victories in China, Japan and Miami, becoming the first driver in the sport’s history to do so and the youngest-ever championship leader at 19 years and 216 days. After four of 22 rounds he led the drivers’ standings by 20 points and had stood on the podium in each race.

    Mercedes team principal Toto Wolff praised the team’s patient junior program and its deliberate limitation of Antonelli’s media duties during his development, and urged calm, warning that “all of Italy will be on him.” The team rebuilt Antonelli’s W17 after a late practice crash in Australia so he could make a Q1 lap. George Russell won in Australia but has otherwise been largely outperformed by his younger teammate and has struggled to find the right balance with the W17. Wolff acknowledged Russell’s recent misfortune and said he expected him to be competitive again from the Canadian Grand Prix, and Mercedes delayed a major car upgrade until Montreal with many observers expecting that circuit to suit the more experienced Russell.

    Former racer David Coulthard warned Antonelli’s rapid rise brings a hidden challenge, saying intrusive expectations from media, family and the sport, plus the internal dynamic at Mercedes and a close championship fight with teammate Russell, could complicate his progress and he cited Charles Leclerc’s early-career scrutiny as a cautionary precedent. Mercedes deputy team principal Bradley Lord urged tempering hype and described the current buzz as exaggerated, saying Antonelli’s run is noteworthy but not definitive. Otmar Szafnauer offered a contrasting view, predicting Antonelli would grow mentally stronger and be more formidable by age 25 to 26. The team and pundits have emphasized Antonelli is only in his second season and said on-track pace is undeniable but off-track management and team context will strongly influence whether his shock title bid can be sustained.

    More
  • John Crimber sweeps Championship Sunday, wins 2026 PBR title

    John Crimber sweeps Championship Sunday, wins 2026 PBR title

    John Crimber, 20, of Decatur, Texas, clinched the PBR World Championship at Dickies Arena in Fort Worth after sweeping Championship Sunday. He posted a 91.35-point ride on What’s Poppin in a must-ride spot in Round 8 to reach the championship short round, then clinched the world title with a session-topping 92.90-point ride on Tigger in Round 9. Crimber finished Championship Sunday with two round wins and two rides of 90 points or more, overcoming a 0-for-5 start in Fort Worth.

    He finished the season 32-for-58 (55.17% ride rate) and earned $1,377,907, which included a $1,000,000 champion’s bonus. Crimber led the tour with eight round wins and two event victories and closed the year 187.83 points ahead of No. 2 Brady Fielder. Fielder finished fourth at the World Finals and was unable to close the gap.

    Round 7 at Dickies Arena set the stage for Championship Sunday. Hudson Bolton of Milan, Tennessee led the event aggregate at 618.85 after riding Vindicated for an 86.65 and going a perfect 7-for-7 in the round. Bolton extended his streak to 14 straight qualified rides, earned 26 Unleash The Beast (UTB) points heading into Championship Sunday and set a PBR record for the best start to a World Finals career at 13-for-15. Crimber scored 84.95 on Icky Thump in Round 7 and still led the gold-buckle standings by 128.83 points over Brady Fielder after that round. Michael Lane won Round 7 with an 89.50 on Let’s Roll, and 2022 champion Daylon Swearingen moved into the Top 3 after an 86.60 ride; he was helped off and taken to sports medicine after getting tied up on his dismount.

    More
  • Di Giannantonio Beats Acosta After Catalan GP Restart

    Di Giannantonio Beats Acosta After Catalan GP Restart

    Fabio Di Giannantonio overtook Pedro Acosta after the final restart to win a chaotic Catalan Grand Prix at the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya. The race was stopped twice after two heavy crashes. On lap 12 Acosta’s KTM lost drive on the back straight and Alex Márquez slammed into the stranded bike, a collision that destroyed Márquez’s machine, sent debris across the track and prompted an immediate red flag. A later first-corner pileup on the restart involved Johann Zarco, Luca Marini and Pecco Bagnaia and produced a second stoppage.

    Di Giannantonio, who was hit by debris and suffered a left-hand injury, rejoined for the final restart, moved up through the field and made the decisive pass for the lead with two laps remaining to take the win for Pertamina Enduro VR46. The result was reshaped by post-race sanctions: Ai Ogura received a three-second penalty for contact that took Pedro Acosta out on the final lap, and stewards applied tire-pressure penalties that demoted several riders including Joan Mir and reshuffled the official podium, promoting Fermin Aldeguer and Francesco Bagnaia in the revised classification. The victory was Di Giannantonio’s second MotoGP win and his first for VR46, a result that moved him up the championship order. He missed the official post-race test on Monday to recover from his hand injury, and Alex Márquez underwent surgery to stabilize a fractured right collarbone and treatment for a marginal C7 vertebra fracture.

    The weekend intensified debate about rider safety and restart protocols. Pedro Acosta and Jorge Martin publicly questioned the decision to restart the race after two red flags, saying rider welfare should come first, and commentators on the Oxley Bom podcast called the restart unsafe and raised concerns about holeshot devices. Calls followed for track and procedural changes, with voices urging reassessment of Turn 1 and the race start geometry. On-track tensions spilled into heated exchanges after Raul Fernandez tangled with Jorge Martin on a restart and limped home, and Aleix Espargaro described Fernandez’s subsequent public comments blaming Martin as “a joke.”

    More
  • Bearman calls Jeddah Ferrari debut a brutal reality check

    Bearman calls Jeddah Ferrari debut a brutal reality check

    Ollie Bearman called his surprise 2024 Ferrari debut in Saudi Arabia a brutal reality check, saying the jump from Formula 2 to Formula 1 “hurt” and left his neck “gone.” The 18-year-old reserve was pressed into action after Carlos Sainz was ruled out with appendicitis and had roughly one hour of practice in the SF-24 before his first FP3 run, which he said felt about 12 seconds faster than his F2 pole lap. Teammate Esteban Ocon echoed that no amount of preparation can fully replicate F1’s demands.

    Bearman qualified 11th at the Jeddah Corniche Circuit, missing Q3 by 0.036 seconds, then finished seventh in the race after holding off Lando Norris and Lewis Hamilton. The outing made him the youngest driver to race for Ferrari and was made special for him by his father watching from the back of the garage. The SF-24, a race-winning, title-challenging car during 2024, provided a competitive platform for the high-pressure debut.

    The performance in Jeddah helped raise Bearman’s profile and helped pave the way to a confirmed full-time seat with Haas for 2025. His showing in that night race was credited with increasing his stock and he later made a strong impression in his 2025 rookie season.

    More
  • Sainz: Madrid's Madring far more extreme than expected

    Sainz: Madrid’s Madring far more extreme than expected

    Carlos Sainz completed the first full lap of Madrid’s new 3.35-mile (5.4 km) Madring in a 450 bhp Ford Mustang GT prepared for Williams and offered a stark early verdict. He said the layout was “far more extreme than anyone had expected,” called it technical and faster than it looks, likened parts to a “roller coaster,” and suggested a signature turn could become one of the most iconic corners in the sport. He described the mix of elements as “quite a cocktail.”

    Sainz highlighted how the circuit combines blind corners, steep elevation changes and high speeds, and said those characteristics should reward aggressive racing and clever energy management. He pointed to the Turn 1-2 chicane and Turn 13 as overtaking opportunities, a long acceleration zone toward Turn 5-6 where battery deployment could be a tactical weapon, and a high-speed section beyond Turn 9. He praised the flowing, wide Valdebebas esses and compared them to Spa and Silverstone.

    He singled out “La Monumental,” the Turn 12 bullring-shaped banking with a 24% gradient and a partially blind entry, and said he expected many drivers to take it flat-out. He warned the tight 117-degree Turn 20 beneath the motorway could surprise drivers and described a dramatic elevation into a blind, heavy-braking Turn 8 that he “really enjoyed.” The 5.4 km, 22-turn layout sits at IFEMA near Madrid’s Barajas airport, with fresh asphalt laid around the fairgrounds and a purpose-built second half still under construction. An FIA inspection is scheduled at the end of the month as teams prepare F1 machinery. Organizers have secured Madrid to host the Spanish Grand Prix from 2026 through 2035 and plan a race at Madring in early September, with Barcelona-Catalunya to remain part of a rotational arrangement for the national round. Preparations at the venue are being ramped up ahead of the inspection and any competitive activity.

    More
  • Marquez beats Acosta in Barcelona sprint, margin disputed

    Marquez beats Acosta in Barcelona sprint, margin disputed

    Alex Marquez beat pole-sitter Pedro Acosta to win the Catalan MotoGP sprint at Barcelona. Marquez took the lead on lap four and used the extra power of his Gresini Ducati GP26 to open a gap of roughly six tenths of a second at one stage.

    Acosta mounted a late charge and steadily reduced the deficit in the closing laps, finishing extremely close to Marquez. Secondary reports give conflicting final margins: some outlets list 0.041 seconds, with one describing that as the closest sprint finish on record, while others list 0.118 seconds. One account appears to contain a likely typo calling the gap “four-thousandths.”

    Because the secondary figures disagree, verify the final margin against the official MotoGP timing sheet for the authoritative result.

    More