NXTbets Inc

  • Audi power unit blamed for failures at Miami GP

    Audi’s inaugural Formula 1 power unit was identified as the principal cause of a cascade of reliability and operational failures at the Miami Grand Prix, newly installed Audi Racing Director Allan McNish said. The team described the weekend as “disastrous” after a series of mechanical faults left both cars unable to make meaningful progress and forced reactive measures that prevented normal development and running.

    The failures on the Miami weekend included a pre-start fire that stopped Nico Hülkenberg from taking the Sprint start and, later, an overheating drivetrain that forced his retirement while en route to the grid. Gabriel Bortoleto was disqualified from the Sprint for exceeding the maximum engine intake air pressure, and still finished 12th in the Grand Prix. The team also reported a brake fire, an additional unspecified fire and a forced gearbox change during the event. McNish said Audi must “tidy up” a series of reliability and operational problems and called the intake-pressure breach “not performance-beneficial but an operational error the team must eliminate.”

    Audi attributed the incidents in part to learning to deploy its new power unit, saying those reliability problems have limited competitive progress and prevented normal weekend running. McNish acknowledged other power-unit manufacturers have experienced difficulties with new-generation systems this year, and said Audi’s immediate priority is to diagnose root causes, restore basic reliability and ensure both cars can reach race starts after pre-race retirements earlier in Australia and China and the setbacks in Miami.

    More
  • PBR Names Desert Diamond Arena Host for 2027 Finals

    PBR Names Desert Diamond Arena Host for 2027 Finals

    PBR announced the 2027 PBR World Finals: Championship will be held at Desert Diamond Arena in Glendale, Arizona, May 20–23, 2027. The move is part of a new rotating host-city model established under a multi-year partnership between TKO Group Holdings and the Arizona Sports & Events Alliance, a deal that allows the championship to travel while keeping major programming in Fort Worth. CEO Sean Gleason said Arizona has a track record as a championship stage and Fort Worth will remain an important hub. Tickets for the Glendale championship weekend will go on sale May 14 at 10 a.m. MST at PBRWorldFinals.com/2027; tickets for the full Unleash The Beast series are slated to go on sale in August 2026.

    PBR released the 2027 Unleash The Beast schedule with the Glendale announcement and framed the Glendale championship as the season finale. The 2027 schedule includes opening rounds of the World Finals at Cowtown Coliseum in Fort Worth, May 6–9, 2027. The Unleash The Beast series opens in Manchester, New Hampshire, Dec. 11–12, 2026, includes a Jan. 8–10, 2027 stop that marks PBR’s 20th visit to Madison Square Garden, and returns to Crypto.com Arena in Los Angeles on Feb. 26–27, 2027.

    The second half of the 2026 PBR World Finals, billed as Unleash The Beast, begins May 14 at Dickies Arena in Fort Worth, with the five final rounds set for May 14–17 to decide the World Championship and the gold buckle. Events Thursday through Saturday will begin at 7:45 p.m. CT (8:45 p.m. ET), and the final day on Sunday will start at 1:45 p.m. CT (3:00 p.m. ET) for Round 8 and the Championship. All live coverage for the weekend will be exclusive to Paramount+, with full replays also on Paramount+; CBS will air a feature titled The Road to the Gold Buckle on Sunday at 12:00 p.m. ET. Luciano De Castro enters championship weekend leading the aggregate after a perfect 4-for-4 in the opening rounds, with Hudson Bolton, Sage Steele Kimzey and Brady Fielder within striking distance. The weekend also marks the return of former world champion Jess Lockwood after he missed two days of opening weekend due to back spasms.

    More
  • Aldo Costa warns Hamilton's title bid unlikely at 41

    Aldo Costa warns Hamilton’s title bid unlikely at 41

    Ralf Schumacher told Sky Deutschland’s Backstage Boxengasse podcast that Lewis Hamilton and Fernando Alonso should consider retiring “to give young people a chance” and urged Ferrari to promote Oliver Bearman. Schumacher framed the remarks as opinion intended to spark discussion about veteran drivers making way for younger talent and possible mid-season or end-of-season moves. Bearman, a four-year member of Ferrari’s driver academy who impressed during a loan at Haas, could already challenge, or even be better than, Charles Leclerc and, in Schumacher’s view, might offer more to the team than Hamilton.

    Former engineer Aldo Costa said Hamilton’s bid for an eighth world title now looked unlikely, arguing drivers tend to decline at 41 and calling Leclerc an “extremely strong” teammate. Hamilton, 41, is in his second season at Ferrari after leaving Mercedes at the end of 2024 and earned his first Ferrari podium with a third-place finish in Shanghai earlier this season. He was outpaced by Leclerc in Australia, Japan and Miami and had won only one head-to-head with Leclerc so far this season; his Miami result ahead of Leclerc came only after Leclerc received a post-race 20-second penalty. After four rounds Hamilton trailed championship leader Kimi Antonelli by 49 points and sat eight points behind Leclerc. Leclerc has seven podiums and one pole this season.

    Fernando Alonso will turn 45 in July, recently became a father and is out of contract with Aston Martin at the end of the season; he has said he will decide “sometime in the summer” whether to extend his contract or race elsewhere. Separate reports also noted Alonso had publicly called for Hamilton to consider retirement. The combination of veteran contract uncertainty, public calls for retirement and suggestions to promote young drivers such as Bearman has kept succession planning at Ferrari and the wider generational shift in Formula 1 in the spotlight.

    More
  • Stella urges development after McLaren's Miami double podium

    Stella urges development after McLaren’s Miami double podium

    Andrea Stella said McLaren’s strong Miami weekend reinforced the belief the team can still defend its drivers’ and constructors’ titles, but he urged caution, calling the result “a breakthrough” and warning “it was only the fourth race.” He stressed McLaren must keep developing the car and framed Miami as an important step rather than proof the title defense is assured, and he said the team “definitely” intends to defend its constructors’ crown.

    McLaren’s recovery followed a difficult start to the season marked by reliability problems and a double non-start for Lando Norris and Oscar Piastri in China. The team introduced its first major upgrade package to the MCL40 in Miami, where Norris won the Sprint and the upgraded cars produced a double podium in the Grand Prix, finishing second and third. After four rounds McLaren sat third in the constructors’ standings on 94 points, 86 points adrift of leaders Mercedes, with Norris fourth and Piastri sixth in the drivers’ table.

    Stella publicly backed his driver pairing, saying McLaren “probably fields the strongest driver pairing” in Lando Norris and Oscar Piastri and arguing that if they remain consistently together they could pose a major threat. He also praised 19-year-old Kimi Antonelli, noting Antonelli’s three wins in the opening four races, a Miami hat-trick, and a surprise points lead, and credited Antonelli’s driving, consistency and close work with his engineers. Stella acknowledged Mercedes’ W17 has outpaced McLaren’s MCL40 early in the year, underscoring the need to make the car faster to fully capitalize on McLaren’s driver strength.

    More
  • Torgerson replaces Bogucki in Three Stooges' No. 51

    Torgerson replaces Bogucki in Three Stooges’ No. 51

    Nineteen-year-old Ashton Torgerson signed with Three Stooges Racing to finish his rookie World of Outlaws season, taking over the team’s No. 51 ride after Scott Bogucki’s departure. The move is a midseason personnel change for both the driver and the teams involved.

    Torgerson began the season driving Shark Racing’s No. 1A, running 17 races and posting four top-10s and a runner-up finish at Volusia Speedway Park before Shark Racing parked the No. 1A. He also filled in for Moody Motorsports at Williams Grove and finished eighth in the HVAC Distributors Morgan Cup finale in only his second night in the No. 99M.

    The signing preserves Torgerson’s full-season rookie campaign and keeps him active in the Kevin Gobrecht Rookie of the Year presented by Five Star Bodies fight. At signing he trailed Emerson Axsom by 24 points. He is scheduled to debut for Three Stooges Racing at Attica Raceway Park on May 14 and at Eldora Speedway on May 15-16, providing continuity for the rest of his rookie season and opportunities to score points at two marquee dirt tracks.

    More
  • Hamilton urges F1, FIA to give drivers a formal seat

    Hamilton urges F1, FIA to give drivers a formal seat

    Lewis Hamilton urged F1 and the FIA to give drivers a formal seat at the table as the sport rewrites technical and sporting rules, saying drivers currently lack stakeholder status and meaningful influence over decisions that affect their safety and competitiveness. He said regulators have acknowledged drivers’ input, including on planned 2027 power-unit changes, but that acknowledgement has not translated into decision-making power. Hamilton pointed to midseason tweaks this season and the specific adjustments made for the Miami race as examples, and singled out the Pirelli tyre program as an area where closer collaboration could improve product and safety outcomes.

    The debate resurfaced after several drivers from Williams, Ferrari and Audi joined FIA working groups, prompting questions in the paddock about whether such participation could tilt rules toward particular teams. Williams team principal James Vowles defended driver involvement, saying trusted drivers such as Alex Albon and Carlos Sainz are motivated by the health of the sport rather than narrow team advantage, but he warned against biased agendas and said too many voices could complicate decision-making. Ferrari team principal Mattia Binotto stressed the FIA remains the ultimate authority on regulations and framed current driver input as broader consultation tied to the regulatory rewrite, not an expansion of disproportionate power.

    Fred Vasseur said drivers were not excluded from discussions, reiterated that drivers have always provided technical feedback, and praised the governance system that allowed unanimous midseason rule changes. Tensions have produced concrete interventions and criticism: F1 introduced engine-regulation tweaks ahead of the Miami Grand Prix that drew criticism from fans and drivers, including Max Verstappen, and F1 management agreed to alter 2027 plans by increasing internal combustion engine output from the near 50-50 split with electric power. Vowles reported that FIA single-seater director Nikolas Tombazis had consulted GPDA director Carlos Sainz. Those criticisms, consultations and technical adjustments underline continuing questions about how technical changes are made and who should have formal influence over the sport’s governance as it implements major changes.

    More
  • Toronto Rock, Halifax to Clash in NLL Final May 15-23

    Toronto Rock, Halifax to Clash in NLL Final May 15-23

    The NLL announced the Finals matchup between the Toronto Rock and the Halifax Thunderbirds, a best-of-three series scheduled for May 15-23. Game 1 opens in Toronto on Friday, May 15, at 7:30 p.m. ET. Game 2 is set for Sunday, May 17, in Halifax at 6 p.m. ET. If necessary, Game 3 will be played Saturday, May 23, in Toronto at 7:30 p.m. ET. All Finals games will be broadcast live on TSN, ESPN+, TSN+ and NLL+, subject to territory restrictions; complete broadcast details will be announced Tuesday.

    The final is an all-Canadian matchup, the first since 2015. The Rock will be seeking its first championship since 2011, and a title would be the Rock’s seventh. Game 2 will mark Halifax’s first Finals appearance since the franchise relocated from Rochester. Both clubs swept their semifinal series in three games to reach the championship.

    Semifinal play featured several standout performances. In Game 1, Sam English, Challen Rogers and Mark Matthews each recorded hat tricks; English and Rogers added two assists and Matthews one. In Game 2, Boushy had one goal and two assists. In Game 3, English finished with two goals and three assists to help close out his series.

    More
  • De Castro posts 90.15 on Sour Patch, takes event lead

    De Castro posts 90.15 on Sour Patch, takes event lead

    Luciano De Castro recorded his thirteenth-straight qualified ride at the 2026 PBR World Finals: Unleash The Beast, scoring 90.15 aboard Sour Patch at Cowtown Coliseum in Fort Worth and vaulting to the top of the event leaderboard. The ride pushed De Castro to a perfect 4-for-4 at the World Finals and ties him for the fifth-longest string of consecutive qualified rides in PBR history. De Castro is listed No. 11.

    He earned 29 UTB points for his fourth-place finish in Round 4 and moved to the top of the event aggregate by 1.75 points over No. 14 Hudson Bolton, who also went 4-for-4 after an 88.25-point ride on Big Dawg.

    After the ride De Castro credited his faith and family and said he approaches competition “bull by bull, jump by jump.” World Finals action will resume at Dickies Arena on Thursday, May 14, with Round 5 beginning at 7:45 p.m. CT and live coverage on Paramount+ at 8 p.m. CT.

    More
  • Verstappen's Nürburgring 24H entry triggers sell-out

    Verstappen’s Nürburgring 24H entry triggers sell-out

    Max Verstappen’s decision to make his Nürburgring 24 Hours debut produced unusually high ticket demand and forced a complete sell-out of the event for the first time in its history, organizers said, with only a limited number of day tickets remaining. Verstappen is due to race on May 16-17, 2026, with the four-hour-plus start scheduled for May 16 at 15:00 local time (14:00 UK). He will drive a Mercedes-AMG GT3 for a Red Bull-linked Team Verstappen run by Winward Racing, alongside co-drivers Lucas Auer, Jules Gounon and Daniel Juncadella.

    Verstappen’s recent outings on the Nordschleife helped spark the surge in interest. He raced earlier in 2026 in the Nürburgring Langstrecken-Serie with Winward, took pole position and showed front-running pace before a potential win was lost after a technical infringement led to disqualification. Lando Norris said he was excited to see Verstappen at the 24 Hours and praised a specific action Verstappen performed during his previous Nürburgring run. Public and media attention has followed the Dutch driver beyond the Formula 1 paddock.

    The Nürburgring 24 Hours began in 1970 and has hosted more than 30 drivers with Formula 1 experience. With four world championships and more than 230 Grand Prix starts, Verstappen is the most decorated and experienced Formula 1 competitor ever to enter the race. Past F1 world champions to race the event include Niki Lauda, Nelson Piquet and Jack Brabham, and Lauda remains the only F1 champion to have won the Nürburgring 24 Hours, in 1973. The event’s record holders among former F1 drivers include Hans-Joachim Stuck, with 19 entries and three overall wins, Markus Winkelhock, with 16 starts and three wins, and Pedro Lamy, who has five overall victories. Observers and organizers framed Verstappen’s entry as the latest chapter in a long-running tradition of Formula 1 drivers crossing into endurance and GT competition.

    More